Saturday 7 September 2013

Amber's daily diet

Rain or shine, visiting the market has become my weekly routine. Ever since Amber was 4 months, I introduced raw diet to her. I personally have strong preference on fresh meat rather than kibbles or canned food. I want to at least know what Amber is taking in. Kibbles are afterall processed in factories by people I don't know. Sound like cup noodles to me if I were to put it in human form. lol. But ya, that's just my personal opinion. No right or wrong in giving fresh meat or kibbles, cooked or raw







 As for Amber's raw diet, I give her meat, organs and bones based on 2% of her weight. 80% meat + 10% organs + 10% bones. Actually some people maybe surprised, giving fresh meat is cheaper than kibbles. (kibbles as in quality brands) I spend less than $100 on her meals a month. I am not sure about other markets but the one I frequent always give me free organs. =) If there is leftover, I will just put them in my dehydrator to make treats for Amber.


6 comments:

Veneve said...

Hi, I am wondering how is it exactly to prepare raw diet for Amber? 100% raw without boiling it first? What sort of meat usually you gives to her? Which part? I am having a golden myself and would like to give him a try. What is dehydrator btw?? :) thanks!

Unknown said...

I give her chicken breast or beef. with organs like liver, gizzards and bones like chicken feet

Anonymous said...

Hi :) i would like to ask if how raw diet works ? Is it 100% raw ? :)

Anonymous said...

i personally give fresh food to my dogs. in total, we only spent 150 for 2 of my dogs. healthier body and no fur drop. lesser illness too!

woowoo

natalie said...

hey ainsley! the meat you get from market.. it doesnt bother you that they are genetically modified..? i just wondered since we can take meats and not much issue.. whether is it same for dogs too. i might be too paranoid haha! i also worry about contamination.. hmm.

Unknown said...

Natalie, I think fresh meat from market is still afterall better than processed kibbles or canned food. At least I know its real human graded meat that Amber is eating. hehe..

Post a Comment

 
back to top